Diaspora Qard Current Account
The Current Account product, which is a foreign currency account for Ethiopian Diaspora offered based on the contract of Qard that allows account holders ready access to their money placed with the Bank.
- Safe custody
- Effect transfers abroad/make foreign payments, such as import and other foreign service payments
- Convert into a Birr account at the prevailing exchange rate for local payment
- Limitless inter and intra-bank transfer of funds
- Serve as collateral or guarantee for loans or bids.
- Make local payments in Birr
- Free monthly account statement
- Initial deposit USD 100 and minimum deposit is set to be USD 100 with no maximum deposit and withdrawal limit
- Valid and renewed Ethiopian origin ID, passport or ID where nationality is explicitly defined
- Valid resident and/or work permit that certify the Ethiopian National living and working abroad for more than one year
- Tin registration certificate, Renewed trade license and commercial registration certificate (For MSME and Corporate)
- One recent photograph (3×4)